My son is burdened with glorious purpose and pint sized badassery! Admittedly I made this as much for myself as I did for him as I’m a huge Loki fan. Super pleased with outcome especially since I had to wing the pattern pretty much from start to finish. I had a free pattern to start with and but it looked like more of a Viking hat than Loki’s helmet. So I did the hat, added the wrapped ear flaps, and a tasteful edging. But the horns! My god the horns! No one makes horns long enough to be Loki’s! Nubs do not a Loki hat make! They need be longer! And I’ve never done them before so I added a few inches to another pattern I integrated. Wish they curled more but after 3 tries I called it good enough. I will have to go through and piece together my Frankenstein pattern and make it whole so I can pull this off again. Maybe even better next time. With longer, curvier horns!